BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > PSM-Dynamic M2 Kit and Build Thread

04-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M2

PSM-Dynamic M2 Kit and Build Thread

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
After going FBO and finishing off all the smaller interior cosmetic mods and adding ohlin adjustable coilover kit I started searching for the aero kit that I thought would best fit my car and what I was trying to accomplish with the look and performance of the car. I narrowed it down between a few companies and waited on it for a little to see where I really wanted to go.

This is the full list of mods I had up until today.

--Ohlins adjustable Coilovers

--VRSF Catless DP
--VRSF Chargepipes
--VRSF Race Core FMIC

--Mperformance parts
-Bluetooth valve Exhaust with carbon fiber tips
-rear carbon fiber diffuser (replaced)
-rear carbon fiber trunk spoiler (replaced)
-Black front grilles
-V2 alcantara/leather mperf steering wheel with dry carbon fiber trim
-Dry carbon fiber interior trim set
-Alcantara extended interior trim set

--EVENTURI carbon fiber intake
--Protuningfreaks Bootmod3 tune
--Aquamist HFS-4 meth kit (waiting on installation this upcoming week)

I went back and forth trying to decide and finalize on one of the kits. At first I had the m perf rear diffuser and trunk spoiler which I really liked as a combo and I figured I would pick my favorite front lip and some universally useable side skirts as far as look and put them together as my kit and it would have been unique and definitely would have saved me a lot of money. I wasn't looking to save though. I kept going back to the PSM-Dynamic page on IG and looking at their fit, finish, design and quality. It kept grabbing my attention so I said the hell with it let me try contacting them and seeing if they can shoot me a quote and I'll hope to God it's near my price range. I didn't want to get my hopes so high up because I knew just from the looks of it that the price range would not be what I was aiming for from the start.

To say the least and keep this as short as it should be, I was very very VERY lucky. I ended up receiving a sponsorship from Team PSM and that ended up helping in the end. At this point I knew I would not be happy unless I got the full kit. I told myself since I bought this car that I would do everything right the first time and not half ass the mods and cheap out on something here or there even if it takes me longer to complete the modding. That being said I was told that it takes anywhere from 3-4 weeks (after I choose the specific pieces of the kit that I want) to build it out and check fitment and package it and send it. I waited the 3 weeks patiently even though I was itching to get my hands on it and get it installed. I was updated constantly and frequently about the status and whenever I had a question or concern I was always answered immediately and was always told the truth and now that Its all done and installed I can say that with 100% certainty. Now knowing that I was given the truth every time I asked a question or had a concern I think it's easy to speak for a lot of the consumers/enthusiasts here that it is a huge relief to still find a few reputable and truthful retailers and manufacturers. So with all that being said I think I can say with some pictures to show off that this is by far one of my absolute favorite kits out there for the M2. I love that it's taken so seriously by the crew at PSM that they really take as long as they need to perfect fitment and they double check it afterwards to make sure that I receive a 100% perfect product and we all know that fitment on carbon fiber parts and kits are always the biggest issue. I had the m performance diffuser and I've seen another M2 with the winglets and to be honest this kit was just as easy to put on from what I've seen watching my buddy at IDetail in NJ install it. It was great being able to sit there throughout it and watch the process of fitment and installation. When the guys at PSM told me that it was extremely easy to install I thought we would at least run into an issue or two and need to figure out some aftermarket fitment procedure and play around with screws and make it fit but not once did we run into any issue. It was all oem screws that were already in the bumpers that we just used according to the holes in the kit they made so we knew what to use and it was secured with some 3M also to make sure it wasn't going anywhere. I can tell you that IDetail was extremely surprised and impressed with fitment and the installation which he thought would be much harder. It was as easy as it gets for a carbon fiber aero kit and the strength is great- it's not going anywhere that's for sure.

I love the aggressive look of the kit and when you see the car in person you can see that it's very aggressive while still being very driveable even daily. It's not too low on the front or back and it's perfect for the roads. It looks like it is a lot lower and more aggressive than it actually is which I love. It's the perfect mix of aggressiveness and function which is hard to find these days. The kit really completed the car for me and I couldn't be happier. In the past two days alone since it's been installed I've gotten multiple compliments from other enthusiasts and just other people driving or on the street. It's definitely an eye catcher and I would like to thank the whole team at PSM and IDetail for installing it. I can't wait to bring this little beast to the shows this upcoming summer and spring.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoy the pictures! I will upload as many as I can later when I get home once I figure out why it's giving me such a hard time uploading all the pictures I have. Have a great night everyone!!

Name:  IMG_6244.jpg
Views: 10142
Size:  196.7 KB

Name:  IMG_6260.jpg
Views: 10077
Size:  160.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6266.jpg
Views: 10988
Size:  412.6 KB

Name:  IMG_6271.jpg
Views: 9867
Size:  142.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6268.jpg
Views: 9935
Size:  441.5 KB

Name:  IMG_6272.jpg
Views: 9921
Size:  373.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6292.jpg
Views: 9980
Size:  536.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6305.jpg
Views: 13064
Size:  532.1 KB

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 12954
Size:  402.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6274.jpg
Views: 9894
Size:  241.8 KB

Name:  IMG_6276.jpg
Views: 9780
Size:  355.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6280.jpg
Views: 10306
Size:  452.0 KB

Name:  IMG_6286.jpg
Views: 10572
Size:  260.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6297.jpg
Views: 11997
Size:  651.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6306.jpg
Views: 10653
Size:  457.2 KB

Name:  IMG_6325.jpg
Views: 9657
Size:  227.1 KB

Name:  IMG_6327.jpg
Views: 9856
Size:  622.7 KB
Appreciate 8
FSociety3810.00
1M Tex240.00
SPJR34.00
JMM125.50
      04-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #2
Click821
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 Long beach Blue MT

Love the entire rear end. Nice job, very cool build
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Dynamic View Post
Some more pictures. Hope they're loading and you can see them!
Loving the trunk spoiler... where in NNJ are you at?
I'd love to come by and check it out!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecaf View Post
Quote:
Some more pictures. Hope they're loading and you can see them!
Loving the trunk spoiler... where in NNJ are you at?
I'd love to come by and check it out!
Thanks! I'm located in northern NJ Bergen county area. I'm going to do a shoot hopefully one week from this Saturday by the meadowlands area I believe. I'll keep you updated!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 11:21 PM   #5
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

The kit is... eh... special so you either hate it or love it. Good for you to get a great deal on what you were looking for!
Appreciate 1
S1monQc223.50
      04-14-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
The kit is... eh... special so you either hate it or love it. Good for you to get a great deal on what you were looking for!
Thanks a lot bro! And yes you're absolutely right it's kind of a love hate thing with almost all of these kits. I couldn't find one that I was like ehhhh not bad. I either loved it or didn't.

Thanks a lot though bro I appreciate it and yes I definitely love it and I'm extremely happy with the whole kit and the deal I got. Thanks man!!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

LOVE IT!!!. That is my number 1 choice for a front splitter and rear deck spoiler.

Appreciate 2
M2Dynamic183.50
FSociety3810.00
      04-14-2017, 10:09 AM   #8
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Can you take a low down side profile pic of the front, thanks.

Appreciate 1
M2Dynamic183.50
      04-14-2017, 10:33 AM   #9
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Absolutely I'll get some for you in a few hours!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #10
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
LOVE IT!!!. That is my number 1 choice for a front splitter and rear deck spoiler.
It's funny how everyone loved the kit for a completely different reason than I do lol. What really really caught my attention was the rear diffuser with the undertray and side extensions. The way it wraps around the exhaust is unlike any other diffuser I've ever seen out there and the way it fit and looks in real life really is outstanding.

I'm happy others love the kit like I do whether it's for the front or back. Also this is the new V2 spoiler from PSM I believe I'm one of the first cars to run it. Usually they run the GT wing or the regular spoiler that looks like the m-performance one.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 02:06 AM   #11
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
M2Dynamic congrats bro !!! you didn't make it to meet twin fed clean MG lol

All we need to show everyone is your baseline FBO + BM3 tune on 93 then Meth support.

Team PTF & PSM

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 11:06 AM   #12
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
M2Dynamic congrats bro !!! you didn't make it to meet twin fed clean MG lol

All we need to show everyone is your baseline FBO + BM3 tune on 93 then Meth support.

Team PTF & PSM
Haha yeah man I wish I could've made it yesterday but hopefully next time you meet up I'll be there. And yeah I can't wait to get the meth on there and get it dialed in with BM3 and get some dyno numbers next week hopefully
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #13
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here ya go! Sorry took a little while. I'm dropped on ohlin coilovers also just so you know. This isn't the stock suspension height but it's still pretty good I don't hit every goddam hole or bump and scrape on everything lol. It's a pretty good balance of height and aggressiveness.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #14
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey man here you go sorry it took so long to get you the pics. Hope this helps!

Also so you know I'm lowered on ohlin coilovers so
You know what to expect if you do want this kit. I'm not on the stock suspension height but here you go hope you get a good idea of what you were looking at!! Let me know if I can help any other way ??
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #15
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep

Thanks for the pics, that really helps. Definitely my number 1 choice. Love the complete package you put together.

Appreciate 2
      04-17-2017, 01:53 PM   #16
Tuned435i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6spd

Looks really good! Can you just buy specific pieces of the kit? All I want right now is that trunk lid spoiler and the front carbon fang covers
      04-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #17
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned435i View Post
Looks really good! Can you just buy specific pieces of the kit? All I want right now is that trunk lid spoiler and the front carbon fang covers
Thanks guys and yes you can buy individual pieces just what you want piece by piece one at a time. They're great with that and will help you decide what you want and go from there. Let me know if you want to get in contact with someone from there to help you out
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #18
Tuned435i
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6spd

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned435i View Post
Thanks guys and yes you can buy individual pieces just what you want piece by piece one at a time. They're great with that and will help you decide what you want and go from there. Let me know if you want to get in contact with someone from there to help you out
I'd love to get in contact with someone. That spoiler is a must! bigger than all the other ones on the market.
      04-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #19
mindovermatter125
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 Bmw M2

Where did the inserts come from for the rear bumper?? I really like those
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #20
1LegitM235i
1L
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Glacier Silver M235i

Quote:
Totally sick!!! Do you know if they have the similar diffusers for M235i? Would love to see something close to that on my M235! Thanks for sharing bro!
MP Front Splitter//MP CF Short Shifter//MP CF E-brake//MP LSD//Cold Weather package//Driver Assistance package//Oyster Dakota leather//Aluminum Hexagon trim//ECS Tuning Wheel Spacers//AutoPlus Rear Diffuser//HUD//Rexing DashCam//AutoID M Mirror Caps
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #21
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

People are straight corn balls and jealous. Your M2 looks amazing and sounds even better. I have to hit you up about those Vapes. Peace bro

Quote:
It's probably the mods deleting your unnecessary comments that just show how immature you are. Yeah not everyone has to like everyone's mods but you can be mature about it. You just sound like a child. So you get treated like one and get your posts deleted; regular members don't have the power to delete posts.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #22
M2Dynamic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
People are straight corn balls and jealous. Your M2 looks amazing and sounds even better. I have to hit you up about those Vapes. Peace bro
Lol thanks man. I appreciate it. None of that affects me at all. I'm super happy with my build and how it came out and I just posted it up to show people what the kit looks like and how it fits. Everything else to me is just noise lol. Hit me up anytime I can get you setup with the vape stuff anytime!
Appreciate 0