BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Share your BMW M2 questions for the Brussels Auto Salon!

12-23-2015, 11:48 PM   #45
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
If you want the tuning capabilities of the M4 then just go on and buy an M4, that way you don't get all upset when you find out for sure that the reason there has been no mention of change to the turbos is because there has been no change to the turbos !

I'm pretty sure that they would have specified a major change in this regard just like they have release details about the oiling system, the closed deck head design etc etc.

They have also referred to a change in design of routing/cooling for the turbo and manifold which I am sure reduced heat and allows for more tuning capability... However.

The key thing that we know already is that the OEM " twin power" single turbo setup still hasn't been optimized for more power than a true twin turbo setup ( which I believe is employed in the M4?).
Yeah, I know it is highly optimistic, but "just buy a M4" should not be the response to every criticism on the M2. The M4 is a luxury sport coupe now and I find the size/ dimensions to be off. As a previous owner of multiple e46 M3's, I find the M2 size to be ideal. If the car comes in the projected $51-53K, then it will be easy to overlook some of the shortcomings, but that does not mean I will withhold my opinion that an M car should not be running the same turbo as its inferior series car equivalent .
Sorry, I'm well ahead of you ...

I'm one million percent confident the car will be valued properly vs its major "shortcomings" of no "m mirrors" and no bespoke motor... Oops turbo...

Let me check the value of my 1M versus a 135 and let me tell you what I care about a unique turbo!!

I could care less that a 135 can be tuned to be just as fast as my car , it still won't handle as well, still won't be as rare. The 1M is a frikking M car.

The M235i gets rave reviews and the M2 simply will be a better package and a better value overall (if considering resale value ) and guess what.. It's an M (car) 2.
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2015, 12:13 AM   #46
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:

I'm one million percent confident the car will be valued properly vs its major "shortcomings" of no "m mirrors" and no bespoke motor... Oops turbo...

The M235i gets rave reviews and this simply will be a better package and a better value overall. It's a frikking M car.
I agree with you and that is why the M2 is still my planned purchase but that does not mean one has to bend over and accept that BMW perfected every facet of the car. Like I said, I think this car will be awesome even in its stock form but optimistically hope the turbo is upgraded for sustained enjoyment. Idk why many of you guys get so defensive when anyone has anything less than positive to say about the M2. I mean is the idea of wanting a better turbo, which I believe to be an important component on a performance(M) car, a minority opinion? If so, then I would understand why BMW wouldn't give a damn. Oh and btw my only gripe with the aesthetics thus far is the lack of a CF roof (which I've come to terms with), never cared about the mirrors
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 12:14 AM   #47
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist
Quote:

The M235i gets rave reviews and this simply will be a better package and a better value overall. It's a frikking M car.
I agree with you and that is why the M2 is still my planned purchase but that does not mean one has to bend over and accept that BMW perfected every facet of the car. Like I said, I think this car will be awesome even in its stock form but optimistically hope the turbo is upgraded for sustained enjoyment. Idk why many of you guys get so defensive when anyone has anything less than positive to say about the M2. I mean is the idea of wanting a better turbo, which I believe to be an important component on a performance(M) car, a minority opinion? If so, then I would understand why BMW wouldn't give a damn. Oh and btw my only gripe with the aesthetics thus far is the lack of a CF roof (which I've come to terms with), never cared about the mirrors
And yes, a bespoke turbo is a minority opinion, especially when compared to those that want a bespoke "s" motor, and it's clear BMW ain't "caving " to that pressure so far ...

I can tell you why BMW doesn't "give a damn".

1- Because warranty. And ....

2- because Aftermarket.

You want a Better Turbo ( read: capable of making bigger power ) ... Go ahead and buy exactly the one you want and put one on, just like the guys on TV and at the local dragstrip.. and guess what.. BMW doesn't have to worry about #1 above any more.

Bend over and accept this M2.

Oh wait.. Let me say it with a German accent !!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #48
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I wanted to know if you will be able to adjust the sides of the seats tighter? I could on my m3. Maybe someone with a 235 could answer since the seats seems the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 01:36 AM   #49
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
I wanted to know if you will be able to adjust the sides of the seats tighter? I could on my m3. Maybe someone with a 235 could answer since the seats seems the same.
Seat back, yes. No, if you talk about the sitting area.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #50
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Wonderful discussion guys

Loved reading that... In the end, the thing that will amaze us all are the responses from the press on the M2's handling.

We can look at specs, discuss details, and criticize the looks, but in the end the handling and driving characteristics is what counts with this thing, and that is why ordered one, even though I am not in love with the color or the mirrors.

MR
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 09:04 AM   #51
jc9elfer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 BSM M2, 08 Porsche 911

Quote:

Let me check the value of my 1M versus a 135 and let me tell you what I care about a unique turbo!!

I could care less that a 135 can be tuned to be just as fast as my car , it still won't handle as well, still won't be as rare. The 1M is a frikking M car.

The M235i gets rave reviews and the M2 simply will be a better package and a better value overall (if considering resale value ) and guess what.. It's an M (car) 2.
I like your style!
Appreciate 0