View Single Post
      08-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #42
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoZZa View Post
Yes, most of us are capable of establishing our RPM and approximate speed form knowing which gear we are in and the sound of the engine.

But that still does not detract from the fact that this is a design flaw with the car.

I do prefer the look of the pre-LCI gauges, but their functionality is poor. Remember that we are not blessed with blue skies and sunshine regularly in the UK and it's often overcast. The majority of the roads I drive on are edged with tall trees already blocking the dull light provided by the overcast skies.

90% of the time I cannot see the gauges during daylight, and if the sun does put in an appearance, the sunglasses go on, then of course gauge visibility is nonexistent!
I live in Nova Scotia... not too different climate from the U.K... and I think it is hard to read the gauges about 50% of the daytime. Of course, maybe I work to hard and am driving home at night too much!

But I was being flippant. I agree that it is a design flaw and should be fixed. I cannot see why they cannot just adjust the ambient sensor to turn on the backlighting sooner.
Appreciate 0