03-26-2020, 01:04 PM   #2
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharasuke View Post
Hi guys,

Like the title I'm on the verge of saying yes to my dealer for a M2CS (blue one).
I'll be getting a huge discount (10%) on the CS.

But still have some questions/doubts:
I test drove a M2C for a whole weekend and found it a little bit on the stiff side on some roads, sometimes I just want to relax in the car. (Like I can do with my M135i with adaptive suspension).
Will the adaptive M suspension make a difference to the M2C? Like will it be softer in efficient but just as stiff on sport settings as the M2C? Also does it make any difference with handling in corners?

I can imagine myself getting tired of the carbon front splitter (looks and fear of breaking it on some bumps here), will that be removable?

Is it really worth it to get the CS? I find exclusivity, the adaptive M suspension, the hood, the roof and full options to be worth it, especially with the discount. (I would have specced a M2C as full option as well)

What I'm actually asking is can someone change my mind (with valid points) about buying the M2CS?

I have the funds btw, but having something extra like with buying the M2C is always nice.
I also plan to have the car the rest of my life and will not DD it, just for driving on weekends and evenings after work and some track time (not that much now, but in the future who knows..)

Thx

P.S.: I can still order one in my country, went to the dealer on monday for a quotation

EDIT: wrong forum ofcourse... but can't seem to delete it
The adaptive suspension should make a difference, but other than BMW employees and possibly some journalists I don't think many, if any, have actually driven a M2 CS so it's a bit too early to say for sure. Based on the comments from F8X M3/4 owners the opinions are mixed.

Assuming the carbon fiber front splitter is installed in a similar fashion to the M Performance variant it will likely use a combination of fasteners and adhesive, so it should be relatively easy to remove, but not something you're going to enjoy installing and removing on a regular basis.

It seems that most people on this forum would argue that the M2C is a better value. However, I do think that the M2CS has the potential to hold its' value better in the long term (I could be wrong).

I think the most compelling reasons for someone to get the CS are the factory installed carbon fiber roof, merino leather, extra HP and adaptive suspension.

Whether or not these things are worth it to you is only something you can decide.

Based on what you said (you have the funds, you found the M2C a bit too stiff, you like the exclusivity and you plan to keep the car for a long time) I say go for it.
Appreciate 0