01-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #10
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4rD0nM3 View Post
Spa2k just wondering are you leasing or did you purchase the car?
I own the car, which is why I don't expose it to chemicals and sand that will destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
I can see where you might be coming from but honestly imho the only reason to not drive an M2 or m3 in winter is simply if one lacks the skill to drive rwd in winter conditions.

Its not an exotic and not going to appreciate in value.
As a former ice racer, I have the skills and use them in my other vehicles. My desire with the M2 is to not have damage caused by winter driving diminish its value. If it were a leased vehicle or one that I planned on trading after a couple of years, the situation would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
I understand how great a rwd car can be in the snow, but you don't see me trolling those who choose to drive their M2's in winter conditions. In fact, I enjoy their winter pictures and reading about their winter exploits with their M2s.
Me too. Plus, my daily driver MINI JCW on Blizzaks is an absolute beast in the snow and ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
But if you plan on selling it what's the point of keeping it pretty for the next guy.
I completely understand your point, but the answer for me is money in the bank. If I can fully enjoy a car and keep it in great shape (without being anal about it) to maintain top value at resale time, then I've gotten the best of both worlds. Also, your situation and mindset about winter driving up north is probably a little different from mine in the U.S. Midwest. My M2 doesn't get put away until the first snow in December - and it's usually back on the street after (hopefully) only 3 months of storage.
Appreciate 0