11-19-2017, 11:53 PM   #33
chrispraeger
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by just blaze View Post
Hi Chris, I notice you had Bilstein B16 coilovers on your M2. I could not find much info or feedback on them and was wondering what your take is on it. I won't track very ofter but do a lot more spirited and backroad driving. Just wondering how the feel was like compared to stock.
The Bilstein B16 is much more easier to set up compared to a KW V3. You only have one Rotary button for bump and rebound at the bottom of each damper resulting in a very easy adjustment. You can't make any mistakes. If you want to have a more stiffer setup, you just have to click every damper one time and you will always have a proper combination of bump and rebound at the end. Of course, you don't have that much opportunities like you have with a KW V3 - but do you really need this? I personally know so many people who aren't able to make an own setup. They always drive with recommendend settings they get by their garage or their dealer after installation. The Bilstein is more easy. Just click harder or softer and you will always have a proper setup. You don't need a car jack to reach any adjusting. KW V3 and M Performance coilover have the rebound adjustment at the top - that's why you need a car jack at the rear end to reach the adjustment.

For me, the Bilstein has a wider spectrum compared to the KW V3 or M Performance. Because of its upside down build, it is much more sensible and it is working very good on the road and on the track. After several cars with KW suspension, I am actually very glad to have the Bilstein in my car.