View Single Post
      10-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #26
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnevin View Post
Thanks BruceM, I like the Black Out, think it help high lights its character in a sleeper sort of way, Its why I got the Black M235i side stripes to help show off her curves, since MG hides it a little. Hope it doesn't make it to boy racer, since there is naturally already a line there. Thanks for the Info on the Clutch Pedal Kit, hadn't heard of it yet. I read the UUC SSK comes with something similar to the BMS Clutch stop is that true? Was going to see how light the clutch feel was before looking into a heavy clutch, but the Clutch kit sounds pretty solid. SS Brake line was already on my radar but needed a track day or 2 to decide how good oem is. Since its my DD. I had SS lines on my 1996 MR2 turbo, and found it became a little too bitey for DD but thats was years ago and I was also alot younger and dumber back then. Sounds liek you have add some nice mods to your car aswell. How do you find the catless downpipe for DD?? never had one.

I agree modding is half the funny especially the DYI stuff. Trying to get as much stuff added to being with that way I can tell my Boss (wife) that's how the car just comes hehe. I'm going to wait 12 months for tune and turbo, 1st I need to become quite acquainted with my new mistress, Made alot of mistakes in modding cars in my 20's due to being...... well a dumb 20 year old watching Fast and Furious Movies. Have to agree 30's are more fun, got the experience now to act like my younger 20's but now know how to do it ALOT better haha. I'll add all supporting stuff first then figure out how much HP is enough. I already know I don't want a straight line speed car. No point in going over kill if i cant put power to the ground and take corners without spinning out.

The CF Handbrake getting from the M235i same with the shifter and black rocker panels. I remember seeing the manual stuff at SEMA but it hasn't came out yet for M2 and have been told that the M235i stuff will fit.

Yeah, I asked UCC whether their SSK would shorten the pedal throw, as opposed to the stick throw, and as I suspected looking at their kit online the answer was no. I take it you have not test driven a manual M2? I haven't either, but I did test drive a manual M4, which the sales guy said had the same clutch set-up. The effort is just way too light for me. Admittedly, my other MT car is a 930 with a racing puck clutch, and that sucker is stiff as hell, with less than an inch of travel between in and out, so I might be conditioned from that, but my previous e36 M3 clutch had an M5 pressure plate and was fine. Depending on what car(s) you are used to, the M2 pedal effort might be alright for you, but seriously to me it feels like a Toyota Corolla--too long, and too easy.

The downpipe from Fabspeed I ordered is not their catless one, it's their one with a sport cat. Not as loud, but minimal power difference and will not throw a CEL. Fabspeed has a chart on its site that shows that the sport-catted downpipe alone gives you 35+ ft. lbs through a good part of the torque curve. For $1100, that is a mod well worth doing on bang-for-buck grounds alone, in my opinion!

There are posts on this site that tell what happens to the stock brake lines in high heat conditions on the track. Not pretty. Stainless lines are a cheap mod, and there is nothing quite like a mushy pedal getting mushier by the lap to put a damper on a track session.....

Thanks for the tip on the M325i brake handle. Had not thought of that, but makes sense. The boot won't have the right stitching (it's white, not blue), but I can pick up the boot with the right stitching from IND or the dealer...

Last edited by BruceM; 10-18-2016 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 0