Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post
What's all this, "creeping into M3/M4 territory" nonsense. Isn't that the point if you're BMW? Get people interested in something a little cheaper than price it close enough to stretch some people into a even higher priced vehicle for that cute little CF roof and fancy seats?

Everyone is guessing but I'm saying at least $55k.
The point I'm trying to make is that I just don't see BMW worrying about overpricing the M2, its going to be a low allocation car with a cult following that really isn't going to move the bottom line for them either way. If they can get a few people trading up to a slightly higher volume M3/M4 why not? And they obviously have no incentive to underprice it either.

The only cars that they would worry about overpricing would be entry level 3 series, x models etc to stay competitive.

Exactly!!!!
And there is a reason that the 2 series doesn't sell like hotcakes. Most dealers step you up to a 3 series. why ??

There probably isn't a dealer on the planet that has a larger 2 series inventory than it does a 3/4 series inventory.

Buyers generally buy off the lot and don't want to wait for their car to be built or even moved around from another dealer. Sales people off course are trained to sell what is on the lot.

It's only a patient, focused buyer that will seek out a 2 series, especially an M, when the easy button is to get an M3 or M4 that's either

1- in stock
2 - readily customizable if the buyer wants to wait.
3- a better value due to discounts from the dealer, financing /lease programs/ , dealer incentives.
4- overall has more vehicle content (options Etc-)?
Appreciate 0