e92proper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335 / 2013 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxa121
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92proper View Post
I have to admit, the m2 has definitely sparked my interest. however I think it will be a tough sell to the folks on here that are currently rocking an e9x n55 platform. I mean with a good tune and some bolt ons, guys are getting those numbers.......I'm not sure the body styling alone would warrant getting out of an almost perfect e9x (visually IMO) platform. we will see I guess.
You mention power and styling, what about chassis? I recently drove a 2008 M3 back to back with my 335i. The engine is not what won my heart, it was the chassis, handling, feeling. IMO the regular 335i engine inside any M chassis is a golden ticket. The warrantied power boost is icing.
Good point, I understand. I also too drove the e92 M extensively before I picked up my e92 Lci msport (based solely on the deal I got) what year was your 335 and how was it equipped? I definitely noticed the difference, but not really as significant as I would have thought. I'm sold on the e92 M looks and powertrain mainly. Having previously owned an e46 M and and e36 M, I actually was quite surprised with the two 335s I owned already.

Hopefully the m2 gets the full M suspension tinkering. I'm thinking it won't purely due to price point but who knows. Guess we wait.
Appreciate 0