mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Q View Post
If you were a collector, i would've suggested that you wait for the CS, and keep it stock. Don't wait, get your hands on the one you have the money down on + the Dinan stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Dinan doesn't do a "chip," it does a piggyback, along with an intake, a modded turbo, an intercooler and an exhaust. They call it their P2 package, and claim roughly 450/450 at the crank on 93.

I have this package, without the exhaust but with a 200 cell catted DP. The car drives well. Mid and upper rpm power boost is enjoyable. It doesn't give you a "holy shit, I'm going to die if I don't lift" feeling, but it's nice, and very OEM in vibe, up and down the tach.

I haven't done anything suspension-wise yet other than springs and spacers. I'm going to get through track season here and see what I think, but Dinan sells lots of suspension bits for this car as well.

My own attitude on these things is that life is short--wait long enough to get what you want without getting gouged, but not so long that you are perpetually waiting for the next, "better" model. If you are a tweaker, you can mod the car to stay close to that next model in any event. Get driving!!
Thanks guy, i know its not a "chip" Was just saving some typing. I have been up and down the website 50 times as well as spoken to the parts and service manager at the dealership where i plan to have the port install work done.
I am 50/50 on the suspension upgrades as well. I am sure they are well made and a true benefit to the car but we shall see. I have a price quote from the dealer for @$8k parts and install of the P2. Just have to make up my mind and do it quickly. I was 2nd or 3rd on the list at one dealer ship and 2nd at another.
Appreciate 0