View Single Post
      03-27-2018, 06:32 AM   #24
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdkcrf250r View Post
Ok I gotta chime in here. I’m a service advisor at one of the biggest and busiest BMW dealerships in CA. The in mileage is indeed taken from the key read which is not updated every time the car is driven. So these discrepancies happen occasionally when the customer notices. I assure you every one of the technicians wants to get your car done as quickly as possible so they can move on to the next car and make more money. Besides that we see everything from 1M’s to Alpina B7’s to i8’s regularly, nobody cares much about an M2. Half the employees have employee lease M3’s. In some instances they aren’t doing a test drive at all. It’s also company procedure to test drive the cars and you’re giving permission when you sign the repair order. Hope that clears some things up.
Thats nice to know - you work for a large operation.

Key reads are meaning-less. My dealer in Germany takes the reading from the car reflecting actual kilometers driven. Its called accuracy

Im glad technicians wish to be efficient and swift. Precision is good as well as actually doing the job right as well??

Its not at all impressive that you work on various BMW's. Every owner matters, every model matters and no one is impressed half the employee's have an M car. Wow.....world turns.

My service advisor and the mechanic inform me before any driving is done....even on my not leased M3 low life M235i. Thats called good manners permission on paper or not. '

Your post was about as helpful as a pile of sand. Enjoy that M3 as the rest of us drive our M2's fully knowing If I was in California I would avoid you and your dealership quite easily.
Appreciate 1
KevM2724.50