View Single Post
      07-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #30
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissclams View Post
I thought that nano coatings were supposed to be applied directly to the paint surface because of the bonding that takes place between the polymer and the paint is stronger than that b/w the polymer and the ppf.

You can certainly apply a nano coating to PPF. From the XPel website:

"Yes, Coatings can be applied to the films. Adding a coating does not stop the film from self-healing. Coatings can add a protective layer over the film, which depending on the coating can provide different properties (Please contact your installer or coating company for more information). That additional coating layer, depending on the coating applied, may or may not self-heal. Once the coating wears down and deteriorates, the self-healing qualities of XPEL ULTIMATE and STEALTH will still remain."

At the suggestion of an XPel rep, and also my XPel tech, I have always applied a nanocoating to my PPF. I have used CQuartz UK, and Wolfgang Uber Ceramic, both with excellent results, that did not affect the self-healing properties at all.

I would recommend it highly - it makes cleaning SO much easier, and the PPF stays inherently cleaner of its own accord. Bugs wash off much more easily..... no downside to it at all, apart perhaps from the cost and time associated with the coating!