01-11-2017, 12:30 AM   #47
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopslide View Post
Yea I got hosed on my M2 insurance w/ amica too. I always have higher rates than anyone I speak to though. No tickets, no accidents, good credit. I just assume the insurers know something I don't. I'm 30 too, so its not like I'm young/high risk.
Yes .. it Sounds like you have better coverage than every one you speak to ...

There's no use comparing figures unless you start with making sure the policy limits and coverages are the same. Aside from that .. rates can very widely within a state and from state to state.. so your best comparison would be with someone that lives in the same county that you do.

Aside from what coverages you have , what amount of limits you have , other variables like how far you drive to work, whether the vehicle is classified as business or pleasure, whether or not it's garaged or not , and of course..Your driving history ... all cause variations in rates.

All in all .. most BMWs get a little bit of a pass from insurance companies. What car do we say is killing the M2 and M4 right now. The camaro 1LE and Mustang R. Want some sticker shock.. ? call your agent and see how adding one of those would change your policy.

Anyone that thinks their M2 rates are high will likely re-think that after doing so. And the little extra letters like SS and ZL just make the rates go ...
Appreciate 3
Aloha Joe393.00
mssVT98141.50
jdarwin601.50