Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tralfaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
I learned something today, I have never heard of uninsured paying for collision. Seems some insurances in some states will use it to recoup for hit and run.

Of course talk w/your agent b/c this is just some guy on the Internet but it does discuss a lot of scenarios.
As much as I hate effectively paying for other peoples insurance, it's most likely been a bigger benefit than liability for me. Since I moved to Texas I've been hit 5 times, 3 by uninsured or hit and run motorists. My wife was also hit by a hit and run. Unfortunately the police will not help with hit and run accidents (and usually that driver is uninsured) so you're just stuck getting those repaired yourself.

The one time I was hit by a driver for more than just minor damage that did have insurance, I had to get Amica to pay to repair it and bill his insurance because they were so horrible.
When I moved to Texas I heard a stat that around 28 % of drivers are uninsured. It's one of the highest in the nation. Border states typically have higher numbers of uninsured motorists.

Uninsured motorist coverage can really be of benefit in some states.
Appreciate 0