Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboss23 View Post
Absolutely this is great stuff. And I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that you were parroting anything just that it was in line with what most people are saying right now. Also, your follow up with your experience really helps me and anyone else reading this understand where you're coming from and how the perspective and priorities match our own.

So from the few posts here and what I've read elsewhere it sounds like for about the same cost ($230-280/tire) you can either get MPSS which is a great tire for street and track but wont have the grip and gets greasy at temp but will last a little longer, or you can get a more track focused tire like the RE71R which wont last as long but have better performance on track. No happy middle ground with a slight trade off in grip for better durability?
The RE11 was the middle ground although honestly the wear was closer to the 71R than the MPSS which is very good. Michelin is replacing the MPSS and I'm sure that it will be good as they know they are king of the hill on a high performing street tire. It's not yet out in the states though so it's only a promise of something good as they can't afford to screw it up. My guess is that you should probably stick with the MPSS for now. Keep an eye on the pressure at the track and that will minimize any greasiness. 35 lbs max right after you come off the hot laps.
Appreciate 2