10-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #25
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
Yesterday I received the letter below in the mail regarding a new recall campaign for the M2. This has to do with the rear sub-frame bolts, which may not have been installed correctly.

After discussion with my guys, this is unrelated to the rear diff recall and the rear diff bolts that were causing some delays. It is an entirely new issue. According to them, all the MY16's will need to have these replaced and some MY17's.

The issue seems to be way more serious than the rear diff, as per the highlighted paragraphs.

Also note the noise from rear axle description, which seems to be what a lot of folks are hearing, but I'm not sure it if it is the "soda can crunch" or not. I myself have not experienced it.

This is the second time in the 3 months I've owned the car that it has to go in for a recall, very disappointing coming from BMW.
I suppose I am in the campaign also. During my last visit at the dealers place they informed me that 2 bolts should be replaced. I did not ask further explanation but reading this it seems to be for the same reason.

Last edited by Pol; 10-23-2016 at 04:42 AM..
Appreciate 0