View Single Post
      03-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #7
Wangspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Did you order the M235i F22 Vorshlag plates? Did they drop right in without any issues? How much negative camber are you running? Did you notice better turn in (stock is good already IMO) or did you just get the plates for better tire wear?

BTW that nylon jacket is probably not the best idea, if you catch fire (tiny chance) all that plastic will melt all over you.

Also, C5 corvette and Audi TT signaling a pass with turn signal, WTF?
Yes, I got the F22 plates, which fit, with a caveat. I would suggest getting a longer spring. The stack height on the Vorshlag is short, and it's difficult to preload the spring. I have the bottom perch all the way up on the threads. If I ever change the front rates from 448 lb/in, I'll use a longer spring.

I wouldn't really say the turn in is any better. I did this primarily to save on the tire wear.

re: jacket, yep, I understand the risk. Technically you should wear all natural fiber clothes, or proper flame resistant. It turned out to be kinda miserable out the second day, so I left my jacket on.

re: signaling. The local Audi club is trying to get folks to adopt European style passing signals. I don't like it. It isn't that it's a bad idea, but more than I've been doing this nearly 20 years, so I'm used to hand signals, and also my biggest issue is consistency. No other clubs around here use European style signals, where you signal the direction your car is staying, not the direction you want someone to pass. It is opposite from hand signals, and is super confusing at first.

That said, I did try it a few times, and it's nice to be able to leave your hands on the wheel. I doubt I will ever be an advocate of this style, but I'm not going to argue it during the event, and I'll respect the club's decision.
Appreciate 0