paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Track / SEMA build thread - CSF Racing, Essex AP Racing, MCS Suspension

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
BMW M2 SEMA Build Thread

I took delivery of my M2 almost one year ago, back in April of 2016. It was one of the first cars in the country, and I have enjoyed the heck out of it for 20,000 miles over the last 10 months. It has served me well on track and on street, but the time has come to make it more of a track-focused car.

Last year, I took the plunge and signed up for an event I have wanted to do for a long time - One Lap of America. We built a car that received a lot of attention: a Pure Turbo/JRZ/Stoptech/Wavetrac BMW X1 35i that ran a high 11 1/4 mile and could lap Mid-Ohio in the low 1:40s. Sadly, just two months before the event the car was totaled on the street.

After that car was wrecked and a nightmare of arguing with insurance over the value of parts (good luck proving the replacement value of a custom $5k aftermarket suspension), I purchased the M2 and swore off modding. That lasted about a week, which brings me to the goal of the current build. Simply put, I plan on building a car that can handle repeated track abuse while being economically reasonable to run, and will be displayed in my company's SEMA booth this year. I think the M2 is the perfect platform for this, and I am very excited to get started.

Table of Contents (will be updated with direct links to each future post)

1. Brakes (Essex AP Racing CP9668 endurance kit)
2. Tearing Down the Cooling system

Last edited by paradoxical3; 07-11-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 5
Bosozoku693.50
Agent11br449.50
rwalker329.50
davem3fan185.50