View Single Post
      03-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #88
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
Does that dealer require a non-refundable deposit to be put on the waiting list? Last month the sales manager at Sun Motor Cars said their allocations were booked up until June 2019 and asked me for a $1000 deposit to get on the waiting list. I was like "nope" and went elsewhere.
If you are not comfortable, ask to be put on the waiting list until a production number becomes available for you, then put a deposit. once dealer receive allocation in the form of production number, ALL dealers require a deposit for it to be attached to you; cause at this point you customize your color/options etc. Not fair for dealer to do all this without a deposit.

Some dealer may require deposit just to be on their waiting list, you have no choice cause the car is so in demand it's up to you at this point to participate or not

As far as deposit being refundable, it's case-by-case and, integrity of the dealer, is the car already on the lot, are the color/option marketable in the area etc. Good dealer would confirm your color, options and buyer seriousness once production number becomes available to avoid this situation. I bet you can back out here with deposit fully refundable.
I backed out on a custom order albeit non-M BMW due to recall, CA was not too excited but my deposit is refunded within 2 weeks.

I'd call Seattle dealer, hey they have 7 on the floor
It'd only cost probably $800 to truck one to you dealer as "courtesy delivery", beat the waiting. I am still skeptical those 7 at Seattle dealer are available, as you mention your dealer waiting list goes all the way to mid 2019, but worth a try.
Appreciate 0