Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceboss23 View Post
Good stuff Pyrat, appreciate the info. This is pretty much what I have read on here so far but trying to gather it all in one place and see if we can get more info about what everyone has tried and what they like and dont like.

From a more selfish perspective though I just want to know which tires will hold up the longest while still providing better than MPSS grip. All about finding the max value since I'm not made of $$$ and I know there are plenty of people in the same boat here.
I'm not parroting what others have said. I've tried all of the above tires several times (Tire Rack loves me). I have three BMWs that I regularly track and 4 other BMWs that I have tracked but no longer own. If longevity is your priority then the now discontinued MPSS can't be beat. It WILL get slippery at the track at temperature and just doesn't have the grip of the others. On the other hand it does take abuse quite well and won't chunk or literally fall apart like others I have tried (Conti Extreme Contact). If you are willing to make the sacrifice on tire wear but not the street worthiness then the RE11 (also discontinued) was your choice. This was my go to tire. The RE71R is really the only one left of the three and as stated it is more track oriented than the others. I also have tried the Direzza Star Specs and while it is fairly solid at the track the noise level for me was not tolerable so I won't buy again. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 1