Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
If they really change the engine mid cycle on a car that has such a long waiting list, BMW will lose me as a customer for future "special cars". Just feels like a stab in the back to all those who pursued allocations since the beginning and will get awarded with thousands of dollars lost if they decide to sell/trade in in a couple of years. I know you don't buy a car thinking about selling it but if it really is an upgraded base model then all 16's and 17's will take a serious hit
Kind of like Porsche did to their cayman GTS owners by releasing the GT4 less than a year later? You don't seem to see that many people too upset about it. The current M2 is a great car at a reasonable price and has been getting positive reviews, especially as a daily driver. If the M2 truly gets the S55 you can bet the price will go up and many who just drive on the street may even think they got a better value on the 16-17 models. Really depends on the details and price on the s55 M2... but I am looking forward to it!
If it's a whole different model with a different price point then I'm ok with that. The issue is if this is only a change to the base model
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0