View Single Post
      02-07-2024, 05:50 PM   #33
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
Hey everyone! I just bought a 2018 M2 w/DCT last week and while I wait for it to ship to me I’ve been doing a bunch of research on mods and I would like some advice. I’m pretty familiar with the N54 platform as I used to own a 135i with catless downpipes, FMIC, LSD, and MHD S2. I absolutely adored that car and I was very happy with the power level I was at and didn’t feel the need to pursue further power gains. How will the N55 in the M2 feel, both stock and with comparable mods? Will it be about as fast as my 135i was? What sort of power gains can I expect with FBO + tune on the M2? I’m assuming the power gains won’t be as drastic as it was on my 135i because the M2 comes stock with 70hp more than my 135i did. Are the power gains from FBO and tune significant enough on the M2 running 91ACN to make the effort and money worth it? Or should I just leave the M2 stock and enjoy it for what it is? Any advice would be appreciated!

your modded 135 as is slightly faster than a stock m2. The m2 has plenty of power down low even though its a single turbo. Power under the curve is nice from OTS tunes. May feel it, but custom is the best choice. If you don't street race people, the f87 is plenty of fun at this power level. Its meant for a track with turns though. I got my f87 cause I love the 1M and this is about as close as bmw has come to remaking it. FBO is not that expensive: dry drop in air filter, charge pipe,, DP, and ots tune could be done for really close to 1k. Power under curve changes more than uptop.

I have a dryfilter and catted DP for sale if you want it.
Appreciate 1