Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
1995 M3  [0.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S ...  [0.00]
2004 A6 2.7T  [0.00]
1994 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoM View Post
Knowing some M2s produced in May were affected made me check again with my dealer to see if there was something new.
Mine was produced 20th May and I am not in the list for the recall.
Makes me happy at one point but seeing there is a new part number for the diff makes me wonder what changed on this part and if I would ever have any issues related with this.

As others said, even unaffected owners are now concerned. I am indeed.

I suspect you may be, or will eventually be, on the list. Even my dealer service consultant had no idea by VIN number and initially said no. Took him two days to confirm with BMWNA and that was solely by production build date.

While he did confirm I would eventually hear from them and that the dealer would do my swap beyond that he was quite wishy washy. Very obvious he has no idea what was going on.

Starts telling me about how a rear LSD diff works .... duh!!! I reminded him we were talking about an Active M Diff. He stopped talking.

This is one of the reasons I would be more happy if the VPC would replace my diff and I told him that! I even offered to drive it to Newark (New York Port location of VPC) myself!

So don't be surprised if you end up on the list. I am not sure BMW has published a list. (I do have a database of ALL M2's with production dates through July 4, 2016). You may want to push the dealer a bit!
Appreciate 1
NachoM67.00