Garage List
1987 BMW 325is  [10.00]
2004 BMW X3  [6.50]
2018 Porsche 911 GT3  [10.00]
1974 BMW 2002tii  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
Thanks for the PM. The expanded bulge on the FSpeed's end to mate up with OEM now makes sense. It went out without that quality step. Quite a bit of hours and effort on something so simple. Glad there is seemingly no exhaust leak now--now that ends lap up properly to clamp. The web site pics show an immaculate install on their mule. It would not take but a small jig mistake for weld process to, yes line up with OEM, but be off at diffuser--as hangers are already welded in place and "V" weld angle is set. The main pipes are not going to go any wider, BUT, perhaps ATH can make some adjustment. More time on the clock-- but you would be pleased, am sure.

You have been indeed patient with it. There are several others of us who have followed this and are interested. As someone said to me, am wondering if FS can now guarantee fit and placement in weld up process.

Glad you like the downpipe. You've got almost 3K in parts and shipping to get here -- not to mention your time.
I'm glad ATH was able to stop the exhaust leak, took some effort to get the OEM piping to be round once more after it got mangled by the mismatch of the bypass and the clamp. I agree with you, a slight move on the JIG could throw all off, but seeing the differences between these two systems I had at hand at the same time it seems like these are not consistent. More adjustments might help, not sure how much play I can have with the hangers to get them to line up in the center of the diffuser. It was close to 8pm that night so we called it quits.

I know many people are looking into this, I have received PMs and questions from couple people here regarding all this.

Like I said, love the sound and feel, just highly disappointed with the fit and finish.

From day one I asked about this system, I always wondered why not have the mid pipe also made, that way it would be all plug and play directly from the downpipe to the Muffler Bypass.

Perhaps that would be a solution to ensure proper fit, having the Muffler Bypass connected to a fabricated mid pipe from them also, but none has been developed.

Closest thing is the Dinan Resonator Delete I believe.

Spoke with ATH Friday around midday, told me they would be calling me. Haven't heard from them yet.