View Single Post
      06-08-2021, 10:50 PM   #160
TimFrench
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
You're probably not going to find a lot of info on these sizes paired together because almost no one does them.

The significantly wider tire in the rear will increase sideways grip, which will in turn induce more understeer for sure, but if you're not tracking the car you may not notice at all. I'd look very closely at the specs of the particular tire as well, as your rear tire will be much taller than your front tire (1.7" if you're using PS4S). That's going to increase your rake, which is only .5" from the factory. Also, the tire weight in the rear will be significantly more than the front (+7 lbs for the PS4S).

And remember, depending on the tire you choose, and how the tires relate to each other, the issues can be exacerbated.

Case in point. The 255/35 PS4S that a lot of guys buy is only .1 wider TW than the standard 245/35 PSS. But the 275/35 rear they pair with it is .4 wider, so they're actually adding more rear sideways grip than they think they are.

This will be different for every tire and in every size, so as I said, look closely at it.

I dont understand when you say the rear is .4 wider, please can you explain, in both cases the width of the tire is increased by 10 Mill, or 1 cm, 245 to 255, and 265 to 275. That's 4 % larger F and R, the same, assuming PS4S everywhere. correct?
Appreciate 0