View Single Post
      07-01-2019, 08:46 PM   #83
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_by_ronnie View Post
Just went in for my break-in service at 978 miles, and everything seemed to go smoothly. Then at 1,002 miles after passing someone at partial throttle, about 80%, I got a dash light and a message in the iDrive.

Drive Manflunction: Drive Moderately. Maximum drivetrain output not available. Consult service center.

And the car drives like CRAP. It feels like the power has been reduced to less than 50%, I can barely get it up to 75 MPH. And at one point while I was slowing down to turn into a parking lot, it misshifted while downshifting into 2nd, the car is a DCT.

Unfortunately I was taking it on a road trip so I've already put another 500 miles on it, and run into this problem 4 times already at WOT. It doesn't always go into limp mode at WOT, maybe about 20% of the time, but always at 120 mph+. I checked the service receipt, and the paperwork lists my car as a M235i which doesn't inspire confidence...but it seems they probably used the correct diff oil, part #83-22-1-470-080.

Any ideas? I still have another 400 miles to go before I reach a BMW dealership so they can check it out.
Youre break in was done 3/4 too early

And are you saying your dealer thought it was a 235i? I could be wrong but i think the fluids are different from that car as it normally doesn't comes with e diff
Appreciate 0