View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #52
Tralfaz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 Long Beach Blue M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvdh View Post
I ordered mine site unseen, and picked it up at the PC 4/21/16. I had a 228i with the M-sport suspension, which I liked, but I when I was offered my dealer's HEA car, I thought "50% more power, and M responsiveness? Sign me up!"

No regrets. Of the street-driven cars I've owned, if it's not my favorite, it's in the top three.
Unless things have changed, it seems like the 2 (1 in my case) series in general is a tough one to test drive. In 2011 I wanted to test drive a 135i. The local dealerships only had 1 each and those were automatic transmissions, didn't have the M-Sport package, and so on. I test drove one just to get an idea of general fit and feel, but knew I was taking a leap of faith on the manual transmission.

For the M2 I figured the fit and feel wouldn't be that different than the 135i I had (which it is not). The dealer did have an M2 on the floor when I ordered so I was able to sit in it. They were not doing test drives, though, and it was DCT so test driving a manual wasn't happening.

No regrets, though. Love the car.
Appreciate 0