View Single Post
      01-06-2018, 12:13 PM   #28
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

I have shared my experience on a few other threads, but hey why not here too...I felt the stock suspension was a little too stiff for me, too much bounce; so my driving on back canyon roads was not optimized and when my wife got in the car she would comment on how stiff it was (the suspension?!?)...

I read about the Ohlins R&T adjustability and thought, hey this is one fine car, why not optimize the suspension and see if I can have my cake and eat it too.

I researched the Ohlins spring rates on M2 and M3-4 threads and ran it by a few professionals including Jake at Ohlins and came up with ordering them with a lower spring rate up front (80Nmm vs standard M2 setup if 90Nmm) and in the back I swapped the standard 190Nmm for Eibach which was approx 160Nmm.

The result is an adjustable system... in a few minutes I can go from street at 20 clicks it is slightly softer than stock (just a little softer, but more supple and none of the bounce which existed in the stock system) at 10 clicks it is ready for the canyon driving I bought the car for...quicker response, level and firmly planted....and at 3 clicks it is crazy firm, ready for the track which I will finally test out in March...my next post will be following a day at Thunderhill.
PS If you want to get close to the M240 stiffness I suspect you would need to go with 70Nmm in the front and 140Nmm in the rear.

Last edited by Saanen; 01-07-2018 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 2
S1monQc223.50