Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy.
Congrats, so what's you initial thoughts?
Reminds me of my e46 m3 zcp.... Lots of tq, Excellent power although I haven't gone above 4500 RPM.
Having daily driven E46 M3's for over 7 years, I'd say the above description is the exact opposite of one. They have no torque and make no power until you get above 4500.

Are you saying the M2 has the general qualities of an E46 M3, but it also has lots of torque and power?

Great looking car btw.
YES! Absolutely.

My Ex owns an E46 M3. It's a great car with the wrong motor for people that aren't track rats. Has no balls under 4K and needs to go to 8k for fun. When you get to 5k it's a hoot. Great for track and windy roads but the 1M and M2 have TORQUE!

Even more torque than the E90 M3.

Torque is WONDERFUL In the city because there is serious power available from 2000 rpm in *any* gear. Passing is simple. No downshift needed - ever. Accelerating at any time is a serious rush immediately. No waiting for revs. Rather than winding the car out you whoosh everywhere on a sea of torque.

As far as size , 1M and e46 are nearly identical.
M2 is wider and a few inches longer overall but it's not so big that E46 owners would think it's too big.

If you own an E46 M3 and think it's a great daily driver, the 1M and M2 with turbo motors are infinitely more easy to drive as a daily
Appreciate 2