03-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #81
3Si
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 M2, 16 Macan S, 08 Elise SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCC View Post

So.. this happened the other day. While it's a relatively minor rub that isn't totally visible to most people, it's completely visible to me. I had been considering a front CF addition to my car before, but now it's kind of a necessity. Anyone have any suggestions on a tasteful addition that will also cover this blemish? If this post is not appropriate for this thread please let me know and I'll delete it or move it.

Thanks in advance!
Sorry to see that. Unfortunately, an addition of a lip would not have prevented that from happening. If anything, you will probably run into more similar situations. The cost to fix your original problem with Bondo and a paint job will be a few hundred, maybe $3-500. If this happened to a CF lip, a replacement will cost you way more than a few hundred dollars. While CF by itself is very strong, the clear coat is no better than the one on top of your paint.

If your intention is to give the car a different look, then yes the lip is very effective. But if it is from protection, it might not be the most cost effective solution.
Appreciate 0