09-30-2015, 08:47 PM   #23
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninX View Post
Nice car! The one I rented was also Laguna Blue. I have to say, the C7 looks even better in person than in photos.

I was comparing the interior to my Z4, and really, it was more of a toss up. There were definitely some things I liked better about the C7, like the customizable display that changes depending on the driving mode. I also like the overall driver-oriented cockpits of both cars.

My reservations about the C7's interior were mostly minor quibbles. There were some panel gaps and panels that weren't precisely aligned, and the big piece of plastic that surrounded the central gauges was hard plastic. More significantly, the A/C didn't seem to cool down the cabin as quickly as the one on my Z4, and it wasn't a particularly hot day. But that could have just been an issue with the particular car I rented. In any case, these were all minor things that wouldn't be dealbreakers.

The base C7 definitely includes a lot of features that would cost extra on a BMW (and ridiculously more on a Porsche). I found the standard GT seats comfortable, with all of the power adjustments I would want. In contrast, the base Cayman I drove didn't even have power seats (with the exception of the reclining back). If you want power seats on a Cayman, it'll run you about $4000 (!) including all of the required packages.

I agree with you on the air conditioning. I live in Texas, and this summer felt weird. The cabin felt super hot, which makes sense due to its small size. However, the atmosphere with A/C felt very hot. It just felt like cold AC was blowing in my face and not necessarily keeping the cabin cool