CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_by_ronnie View Post
Only "mod" on the car is a cat less downpipe, but that shouldn't affect the drivetrain. Keep in mind, this is not a check engine light, this comes up as a different light with the idrive saying "drivetrain malfunction".
Quote:
However the dealership is most likely the ones who messed the car up as they're a tiny BMW center that uses the Dodge dealer next door for all of their service, so I don't trust them too well. Thus I wanted to hear some educated opinions before going in.
Quote:
Just got the call. Apparently my rear o2 sensor failed. They seem to think it's normal and they want to replace it for me tomorrow once they get the new part in. In all the cars I've owned, ironically it's always the bone stock ones with o2 sensor failure. But I think I will be removing my downpipe just to be safe in the future.
The only person who messed up the car is you buddy. I know that must be hard for you to hear. I'm not trying to be mean. Just to the rest of us on the outside we can be a little more objective.

BMW spend $M of dollars on R&D and have a team of expert who's profession it is to design and build performance cars.

You have a credit card and week grasp on how a modern engine works. I think you owe ilovewagons an appology.

Last edited by CommitConfirm; 11-05-2016 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0