View Single Post
      02-19-2017, 08:22 AM   #157
Dav3
Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
IAT is the primary concern in this case, it instantly pulls the timing and lose you a lot of power. Therefore a bigger IC is a must with boosted up m2 in my opinion.

That being said, it's still very wrong to set +4 additive target at higher RPM whatever bolt-ons you have, unless a bigger turbo is put in place.

Stock turbo runs +4psi up top inefficiently. Bigger IC, richer mixture and retarded timing are working together to clean up the mess it makes, while a better idea is to avoid having the mess in the first place and instead find a boost target that balances well with stock turbo & cooling system to make efficient power, which seems not necessarily less (I thought it was, but it turned out not). Whatever that optimal target is, one thing for sure sport tuner or jb+ with +4 up top isn't it.
So long story short, according to you either Dinan Sport Tuner/JB+/Any 2 Sensor piggyback will provide inefficient power gains to the car that in the long-run will also have negative implications on the engine's lifespan?
Appreciate 0