SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
I don't know how many people still like putting +4psi throughout the band to an already close to maxed out n55 tune from factory. The sport tuner is very much designed for low factory boost n20 n55 applications. Using it on m2 will set boost target to 19psi, which is even harder than the jb4 race gas map (17psi) would do to m235 (think what kind of gas are you using?) It's f*kin suicidal running it long term. In addition, it tricks only MAP and TMAP and leave fuel mixture and timing behind, a very premature way of making power.

If you really have to use TMAP based piggyback, I would suggest dialing it back to +2 (still 17psi additive target for you to run on), if you don't want your n55 detonate at mid and die on top end.
Sean, in your opinion, is IAT, fueling, or timing the primary concern with running the Dinan Sport tuner in the Race setting? Would a setup that includes the Dinan Sport tuner, the Fabspeed catted DP, and a Dinan intercooler be reletively "safe" for long term use or is it still falling short by not addressing fuel and timing adequately?
IAT is the primary concern in this case, it instantly pulls the timing and lose you a lot of power. Therefore a bigger IC is a must with boosted up m2 in my opinion.

That being said, it's still very wrong to set +4 additive target at higher RPM whatever bolt-ons you have, unless a bigger turbo is put in place.

Stock turbo runs +4psi up top inefficiently. Bigger IC, richer mixture and retarded timing are working together to clean up the mess it makes, while a better idea is to avoid having the mess in the first place and instead find a boost target that balances well with stock turbo & cooling system to make efficient power, which seems not necessarily less (I thought it was, but it turned out not). Whatever that optimal target is, one thing for sure sport tuner or jb+ with +4 up top isn't it.
FSociety3812.50