View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #1171
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Hope to not alienate myself from the Bimmerpost forum with this post, but with reference to LBB M2C, North Carolina and Leith . . .

As per my prior threads, I am coming from the Porsche lineup, most recently a Macan Turbo. Absolutely loved my prior Porsche vehicles, particularly my Macan Turbo, but decided it was time to get (back) into a sport car.

Phenomenal hype about the M2C performance drew me to the vehicle, which lived up to its billing from the moment of my first drive. As I – and many others – have said, the M2C is ALL about performance. I have no doubt the M2C offers as much performance per dollar spent as with any other sport car available. So, I pulled the trigger on a M2C chassis – LBB DCT with ‘all’ the options BMW offered. Of course, not that many ‘options’ from which to choose . . . basically, headlight package, ///M floor mats, sunroof and self-leveling wheel caps. I live in North Carolina, not far from Wilmington and the Cary/Raleigh/Durham areas. My chassis build was placed through BMW Wilmington.

While I awaited build and delivery - set for upcoming week, or so - I came across a new 718 Cayman GTS spec’d perfectly to my desire at Leith Porsche in Cary, NC. I am not here to debate M2C versus the 718 CGTS. Two completely different cars in my opinion and, to be as honest as possible, I simply realized I am a ‘Porsche Guy’ who wanted what the 718 CGTS had to offer over the M2C. Nothing whatsoever against BMW, and I have no doubt I would have been very pleased taking delivery of an M2C. Anyway, I pulled the trigger on the CGTS.

While I was awaiting my M2C – which would have been my first BMW – I joined Bimmerpost. Although I will not be taking delivery of my M2C this time around, I have found the forum to be exceptional. I love the rapport and valuable insight shared extensively, as well as the degree of enthusiasm everyone seems to share for their vehicles – particularly the M2C.

Although I am not joining the M2C ‘family’ as originally intended, I still enjoy the hell out of the Bimmerpost forum and hope my sharing this information is not considered grounds for ostracism.

BMW Wilmington is a dual dealership, also having Porsche. Fantastic dealership in both regards. Tom Walsh is my salesman and, although selling both Porsche and BMW, is an admitted “BMW Guy.’ So, if anyone is looking to take delivery of a new and incredible 20’ LBB M2C DCT, one should be showing up on the BMW Wilmington doorstep any day now. Ask for Tom Walsh and he will treat you like royalty. . . although, he is not particularly happy with me at the moment :-) Nothing that my next purchase cannot overcome and, perhaps, kind reference herein.

///AVM

Last edited by ///AVM; 10-24-2019 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Correction
Appreciate 1
akkando5869.00