View Single Post
      08-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #5
Spa2k
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 JCW

I've owned more than 40 cars, and the Shelby GT350 was absolutely the worst one. (Actually, that was the second one I ordered, because I refused delivery on the first one that needed to be repainted because the quality was so bad - and had to have a window pulled and replaced because the weatherstripping was installed inside out.)

Ford got me a replacement, but the paint on the second one came off the passenger door the first time I washed it. Then there was the overall awful construction quality everywhere else. And the recall where the car had to sit for 6 months because Ford couldn't get the recalled oil line replaced (and the risk of an engine fire was high). Then there are the limp mode problems, where the computer shut down after 10 minutes on a track day because the transmission in "the most track capable Mustang ever" overheats.

The things the M2 can't match are the GT 350's rowdiness, 8,000-rpm redline and the button for the open exhaust that will send your neighbors' annoying barking dogs running for cover. I never put my GT 350 on the track, because I was afraid of a catastrophic failure that would seriously hurt me - a feeling I never got in a variety of vehicles I ran as a licensed racer.

The GT 350 is all hype and no quality. Save your money - or you'll lose a bunch when you get fed up with it and sell it later. Carroll Shelby is spinning in his grave.

Buy a Corvette instead.
Appreciate 2
termigni1081.00