View Single Post
      10-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #108
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
wow. Truly the first time I've actually listened for this sound. DUUUDDE!! That's Fucked up right ?

That's not the rock between the rotor and guard noise at all.

Is there any resistance in the chassis when this happens ? Someone mentioned the car lifting up at the rear ?

Omg if my car had this I think I would make the dealer service rep ride in the car and listen until they scream MAKE IT STOP! and throw the keys to a loaner while they call BMW about a new DIFF.. yikes.
hey try this on for size

After I installed my coil overs on the M4 I developed that similar noise, came and went but mainly in hard slow driveway turns. For the life of me i couldn't figure it out and the dealer didn't do anything cuz I modified the car with aftermarket parts. Well one day I have it off the ground and wheels off trying to figure out the diff clunk I was hearing and when I was rotating the axles I heard the sound! Spent the better part of a whole day trying to figure it out and what I think it was is when I put the coil overs in I leaned on the rotor shield too much and it slightly deformed it. I flexes a lot, tweak it in one area and it makes noise in another...damn pain in the ass. So I picked around with it forever but found a happy spot and never heard the sound again......till I wrecked it.

I think it is real close in where it fits near the hub and any changes in the load on areas causes it to tweek and touch. Either way it does not hurt anything just is very annoying. This is different yet the same as the rocks in the shield except is sounds kinda the same just at a lower tone but it is so close that is why little pebbles get caught in there. You might have something in that space and it only screams under side loading

Just my experience...... Remember the harder you run her the less your going to have time to pick at the small issues
Oh....where's that guy with the thousand dollars

Last edited by horsepower_and_hounds; 10-15-2017 at 08:25 AM..
Appreciate 0