View Single Post
      06-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #25
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

So, I got to drive for about 45min in stop & go traffic and a little on the interstate.

I couldn't get any worthwhile logs b/c of traffic, but throttle response/lag is definitely better. I'm guessing that's a combo effect of the Turbosmart BOV, Pure Inlet, and Evo3. Def enjoying that benefit while driving.

I did watch temps on my BM3 dashboard during my drive. Ambient was 90F, and during slow stop & go traffic the Evo3 did the typical fin/tube behavior where IATs would go 40F higher than ambient while stopped/sitting in traffic, but drop fast to 15F above ambient as soon as you accelerated.

Then I was able to get a couple good WOT pulls on the interstate and temps stayed at 20F above ambient and never increased under load ito 5th.

So, very unscientific at this point, but initial thoughts are IATs will be better in slow stop & go traffic with a cooled off bar/plate IC, altho I'm curious if those IC's handle stop & go traffic any better once hot. More importantly, if I can keep IATs stable and only 20F higher than ambient on a hot day while under constant load, I'll take that advantage for track driving.

I need to switch to my E30 and E45 fuel & tunes, and then I'll get some good pulls/logs later this week for everyone to take a look at.

Last edited by ZM2; 06-09-2020 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0