Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
Very strange! You seem to be spot-on:

Germany: Base price €5077 lower
UK: Base price €3591 lower
USA: Base price €3342 lower
Belgium: Base price €2427 lower

Out of curiousity, have you ever confronted a Dutch dealer with this?

Still I wonder how attractive it really is to buy a new car straight from Germany. OK, so even when you pay BPM, it would still be cheaper, but when importing you still also have to pay the sales tax of 21% over the already paid car (for which you already paid 19% german sales tax, unless you have a VAT number I believe...). Take import fees into account and you might as well just buy the car in the Netherlands. Any ideas on this?
I've asked Dutch dealers about discounts, but none were forthcoming with anything of interest. I'm actually entitled to manufacturer's diplomatic sales progammes, which usually means around 10-15% off the net price, but even then, it's still cheaper for me to just go and buy a car in the UK. For example, I saved €20,000 on my R8 over the Dutch price, hence I went to the UK and ordered it there, paying in Pounds but getting a left hand drive car with km on the speedo.

The only reason I can think of is that Holland imports far less exotic BMWs such as M3s and M4s compared with the UK. If a dealer only has a small yearly allocation of M3s then I guess he doesn't have to worry about giving discounts because he'll be able to sell the number at full price. The UK is a large market for M cars so I guess dealers have to keep selling them and therefore has to discount them.
Appreciate 0