View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #9
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Story View Post
I have contacted about 6 dealers in SoCal for an allocation for the M2 ED.

Two dealers have said they have no allocation at all.

Two have said they do, one wants over MSRP (he was upfront about it).

Another two said they dont have allocation but will soon, and that I should place my order at the beginning of January (to see what the "market" on the M2 will be like).

Since Im paying cash, should I arrange my order now as opposed to at the end of the year?
Not sure why paying cash is a factor at all, from the dealers perspective it doesn't matter. Getting a Euro Delivery allocation for an M2 is pretty tough and not very likely in the So Cal area because the supply is still very tight there and dealers don't have much incentive to help out. I suggest getting on the phone with out of state dealers like AZ, NV etc. As far as waiting to see what the market looks like in a few months, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The M2 has been in production and for sale in the U.S. since April of 2016 and the supply is still tight in most markets as witnessed by dealers still getting MSRP or in some cases even more than MSRP. I don't see anything changing in the next 6-12 months that would loosen up that supply. It is clear BMW has found a sweet spot on supply that makes sure dealers don't have a bunch of cars sitting on their lots depreciating. If you want an M2 the best thing to do is make a ton of phone calls, you will absolutely find an allocation but expect to pay MSRP or very close to it.
Appreciate 0