I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
If you're on the fence, I'd prob recommend you go with DCT - and this is coming from a die-hard stick-shift guy. Why? 'Cause if you're on the fence, I think DCT is the safer play. I never get irritated 'dealing' with the clutch and shifter, even in traffic - I simply get annoyed from being in the crappy traffic. Point is, if you're not of the same mentality, I think DCT may be the better bet for you. After all, the DCT is no slushbox and, while it's not my choice, lots of folks enjoy changing gears with the paddles.
If money was no object, or if the DCT was a $500 option, I'd probably be more inclined to take it. $2900 is a lot of money, and that doesn't include the additional costs needed to deal with the regular DCT maintenance (not sure how often the fluid is changed there?)

Plus, as I've said elsewhere, a lot of my current "mild distaste" for manual comes from the TTRS's garbage gearbox & clutch. I was amazed at how light the clutch was when I test drove a 335ix in 6MT; if the M2 is close to that I will probably not be nearly as annoyed having to pump it regularly. I'm still like 75% sure I want the 6MT, it's just the nagging 25% that I might prefer the DCT that is giving me pause.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0