View Single Post
      08-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #84
TucErDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5 ans m2

Out of curiosity, what transmission do you have in your M2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Nice thread!

I`ll try to explain my own experience;

My line up on cars;

E46 M3
E92 M3
E82 1M
981 Cayman GTS
F87 M2

Driven recently for testing a Cayman GT4 and a 718 Boxster S

Do I have regrets on buying an M2; in short; NO

IMHO the M2 is the best M thus far, it is faster than al previous M cars I`ve driven. Relatively small, by no means a light car. But it does the job outstanding.
It is harder on suspension and damping though, it likes good and flat tarmac, on rough surfaces it bounces, and not compliant at the back, it can be quite nasty on the interior. IMHO the back is a little too hard.

The M2 is a true compilation of all the previous M cars.

The best on the M2 for me is the front end grip and the eagerness to turn in, the initial steering input is the best compared to all my previous cars, included the Cayman GTS, which is renowned for it`s steering, I tell you, the M2 is faster, quicker, better in steering input. Then te front end grip is phenomenal, it loads up at relatively low speed, the grip seems to be endless.
The Cayman needs very high speeds to load to front up, due to its mid engine layout of course, also you have to make more steering wheel movement. (now everybody will understand why the 718 successor has gotten an 10% faster steering rack)

The GT4 has the same steering feel, it is quite different from the Cayman GTS, like I told before; if my Cayman GTS steered like the GT4 or the M2 I would never ever have sold her. The only regret is the that the 6 F is gone, the car screamed like nothing ever heard before with the PSE, and now we have 4F in the 718, I`ll have to wait on the 718 GT4 I`ll guess
Appreciate 0