bruin1md
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota 4runner TRD Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole3488 View Post
no worries man.

I love the car. It honestly never ceases to disappoint. It has the right amount of power, its the right size and the breaks are great. Extremely nimble even with it weighing more then people wanted.
you can tell that it wants to spend more time in the corners and sadly I don't have very many of them.

Like many people mentioned the only thing is the seats. They are comfy and adequate I just wish I had the option for the m3 comp pkg seats. I would like to be held in a little more than these seats do.

I would like to track it but where I currently live its not an option. I have an e46 330ci that its my daily. This will become a full track car eventually and the m2 will move to daily.

I was one of those guys who didn't buy the Porsche hype. then I drove the 997 and it was great. I think the new 991.1 are garbage. haven't drove the 991.2

The reason to keep the m2- This is the 1st car I've ordered and got to pick our everything I want. Second its exactly what I want in a car. There will always be cars with more specs and 0-60 but for what im looking for this is a perfect car.

back to why 997 I need rwd manual and I miss a NA engine. While I love the turbo in the m2 I don't want 2 turbo cars. The turbo performance will be better but I like the charm of the NA.

Cars are changing and they are getting to good I think the 997 is a perfect place in time where the price is coming down and wont be replicated. I don't want a gt car that does everything for me. That's the appeal of the m2 for the modern cars it has that old analog feel. My bad for such a long response.
Love it--thanks for the detailed response.

The 997 is special-- no question. And i personally think the .2 is a much better driving/looking car than the .1, but some hard core 997.1 drivers might disagree with me.
Also, PDK came out in '09, right when the 997.2 came out.

I think PDK is absolutely amazing, and I appreciate it MORE now than I did before I learned to drive a manual. But I'm kind of hooked on a manual now, and I've heard the M2 is a pretty easy one to drive -- in terms of a light clutch pedal, easy gear shifting, and auto rev matching (which many hardcore manual drivers hate, I know). There is something cool about executing a perfect downshift unassisted by the electronics of the car-- I totally get that.

My biggest concern about the M2 is the suspension. I don't want to give up my precious GTS and its somewhat rough ride on our roads only to find the M2 is just as rough.
I'm guessing it won't be but I don't know for sure.

Also, having been a German car whore for the last 10 years or so, I'm curious about American muscle and having a NA V8 (hence my curiosity over the Camaro-- especially after it embarrassed the M4 in that video I posted).

I drive a Lexus GX460 with after market All terrain tires and new wheels as my DD, long trips and bad weather. If I get the Camaro or M2, it will be mixed in quite a bit and will likely be a car I drive quite a bit-- at least 50% of the time-- not just weekends.
Appreciate 0