01-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #42
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryem3 View Post
Thanks, will do. Well, I'd spend $5k fully wrapping a $150k Porsche or Lambo, but a $55k car? Not really worth spending 10% of the value to protect the paint. Now to change the color or matt it, that's a different story.
on a personal level.. I agree... but then again... this is a highly personal issue. One person may spend 5K on wheels.. another on a wrap.. another on CF bits... another on bolt on performance motor items.. and another person may drop 5K on suspension and another may put 5K into an aftermarket " boomin system ".

What ANY of these expenses runs, compared to the original value of the vehicle... is absolutely moot.. because you are talking about personal taste (or lack thereof!) which is like opinions. Every one has am opinion .. and yet we often think someone else's opinion isn't " right"..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
The stealth wrap does change the look of the car, as is evident by all the praise it has gotten before and again with OPs car. I think it looks fantastic. Definitely might change the minds of people who say "MG is boring"... If I had an M2, I would get it in MG... and if I had $5k burning a hole in my pocket afterward, I'd do this in an instant.

I think you missed his point.. He was saying.. that in his opinion.. it's not worth spending 5K on a wrap that DOESNT make a MAJOR change to the appearance of the car.. and for HIS money.. he would pay for a wrap that DOES radically change the appearance. He would not pay 5K for a wrap on a gray car that leaves the car .. .. gray.

Personally.. I agree.. I don't find a lot of value in 5K to enhance a color... I would pay that to CHANGE colors.. but moving from one shade of gray to another .... meh ( and yes of course there is rock chip protection included)

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-12-2017 at 06:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
///Cardia299.50