02-23-2024, 06:02 PM   #42
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
I'd get the Comp all day long. 60k miles is nothing, plenty of S55s running around with 150k plus miles. To me, the OG is closer to a 235i than a M car, whereas the Comp is a real M car, and as such will be easier to sell, although some like their OGs and that's cool too, just a harder sell because you need to find that odd guy that cares ONLY for the sound (like our backwards friend, Philly Sweden), especially if the price is the same.
I agree about the OP getting the M2C since he already had the OG. I had previously never had an issue with the S55 sound.

I was in Florida and saw an M2C going in the other direction. The driver got on it (something other M owners do when they see another M car I've noticed). I didn't like the sound. To be fair, he could have been running an aftermarket exhaust. I saw YouTube videos of aftermarket exhaust on M2's and haven't liked a lot of them, but that's just me.

On the engine topic. One peculiar thing I've always wondered about is how BMW worded the engine cover. On the OG M2, it says powered by M, on the S55 it says M power.

It's a weird play on words, maybe meaning the N55 in the OG M2 isn't exactly an M engine or it is sort of? LOL

All in all, I don't care. This is a subject that goes on and on mainly in car forums. Whenever I try to explain the difference to regular people they have no clue and don't care. I didn't mean to start anything, but should have known better, LOL.
Appreciate 0