Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionrace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy.
Congrats, so what's you initial thoughts?
Reminds me of my e46 m3 zcp.... Lots of tq, Excellent power although I haven't gone above 4500 RPM.

The Steering feels great for electronic steering, far better than the e90 m3 and the current F series cars.

You don't feel the weight of the car while driving, the steering is sharp and the suspension is wonderful...note that this is with me driving in the rain most of the day.

I dislike the armrest, I can see myself removing it to do a track day as it get in the way of my elbow while shifting. I don't know if I like the seats yet...My left leg felt very uncomfortable on the lower side bolster. The knee pad for the driving foot is a must have, I may even say a bit more padding may be needed. Then again, I may need to adjust to the seats and break them in. The seats have a lot of adjustability, so I will spend sometime messing with them. I hate the leather used on the seats. I've been spoiled by the typical M3 leather over the years lol.

Anyway... The car grips. Even in the rain, I never felt like the car was gonna give out on me suddenly. The brakes are insane, the is so much confidence in stopping.

The rev matching feature is interesting. It is not all that annoying, but I would still like to have the option to turn it off completely.

The navigation system is nice as is the iPhone and Bluetooth integration. The hand free phone is ok...not great but acceptable.

I like the greenhouse effect there is when driving thee car, it reminds me of driving and e30. You feel like you are a part of your surroundings, a part of the road.

I dislike the artificial exhaust noise. I hated it in my friends m6 and I hate it even more in this car. I found myself for the majority of my 300+ miles, driving in comfort mode so I wouldn't hear it. That being said, the real exhaust notes are music to my ears. I can't wait to take it to redline to see how it really sounds.

The lane departure feature is annoying lol. I wish it had forward parking sensors and HUD, however it's not a deal breaker.

The oddest thing is the engine shut of when at a stop with a manual transmission. I kept on thinking that I stalled out, when in fact it was in the gas saving mode. I wonder if it can be turned of permanently.

Honestly so far the car gets a 9/10... Again it is not allowed to be better than an m3 much like the Cayman can't be better than a 911, so I'm wish for things that would never happen like less weight, carbon roof, driveshafts, etc.

As a drivers car, 10/10

Great summary!

Not hating, because I own it's progenitor , I am happy that many of the " features " on the M2 are not on my 1M.

Auto rev match - no.
Lane departure I am ok with
My arm rest in my X1 is similar to the 2 series. It slides and moves when you lean on it. I know what you mean here.
Auto stop start- also on my X1. I like it at the drive thru window. I don't mind it too much.

It should be defeatable with a button or someone else mentioned certain modes.

ASD- again. Not a feature I would want. Annoying that you can't customize it a little better.

Sounds like coding will be very important for a lot of owners !

Glad you got your car! Looks great ! Enjoy !

see you at the track !

Spread the word to other owners to be respectful to others that will be waiting for many more months !
Appreciate 0