AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post

The 2018 has iDrive 6, which is a little nicer than iDrive 5, and it also has wireless charging if you get the exec package. Both of these are minor, but worth pointing out.
Early and mid 2016 actually had ID4 which blows in comparison to 5/6.

6 actually isn't that big of an upgrade from 5. Just a new skin and a touch screen. You can code 5 to look just like 6. It's called ID6lite. I have it and it's great. You can only code it onto ID5 though. With ID4 you're SOL to upgrade it that easily. You'd have to retrofit an entire ID5/6 unit for a pretty penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I think the MY2016 had issues with the ASD that resulted in hissing that isn't present in the newer vehicles, even though that's not an LCI thing.
MY16 have different amp hardware then the 17/18s
You can easily just get a bypass harness instead of coding ASD out.
No big deal.

That being said, MY 17 & 18 are both miles better than a 16

The 16's had the differential soda can noise, the brake dust shields that had to be revised, the amp, the idrive...

If it were between a discounted 17 & a new 18 i'd say it's not a big deal If you want to save a little cash and get the 17, but between a 16 and 18 you have to get the 18. No question about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Does the pre LCI exec package have the hardware tech to do this or is it LCI only?
Yes, you can retrofit the LCI LED headlights on any pre lci US spec car since the adaptive xenons were a standard option.
I don't think exec package would affect if you can retro fit them or not. Should just be plug and play. Maybe some coding.

Problem is they're super expensive to buy new and they're too new to find on the second hand market.

The LCI tail lights are surprisingly affordable though. I bought mine for like $500.
Appreciate 1
doug_9992542.50