10-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #20
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummm2 View Post
Fair points but BMW knows that most people on this forum wouldn't touch those cars despite how amazing they are. How many times has a "M2 vs xxx" thread come up on one of those cars mentioned above only to have this forum community go to full fanboy mode and trash their interiors, turbo lag, undeesteer etc. I just don't think BMW is worried about it. Look at the markups the 350 and Focus RS will command right off the bat too? People are willing to pay for something they respect and a job well done. I think BMW is smart enough to know that.
Well yeah there is something valid on either side of the coin. I know personally with the way I would want to option the car, a base of $55k before destination is going to have me passing on this car. I'm not really interested in a car that costs M3 money that has none of the M3 stuff. I don't even care about the luxuries, it's more about principle. It's an absolutely ridiculous proposition at that point.

And once you separate the forum fanboys who have no real interest in actually buying this car, yet will defend it with their lives against any competition which they have never even sat inside of, I think you would find that serious shoppers for this car would think twice before spending $65k for a fully optioned M2 that isn't even that well optioned over something much cheaper that's almost as fast, almost as much fun... maybe something like the M235i.