Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKosherStogie View Post
http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-g...-on-m2-11.html

I'm confused. Isn't this saying the opposite.

"Had an M2 stop by the other day for the addition of our Sport Cat Downpipe and to try out the Dinan Piggyback Tuner. We did numerous dyno runs and overlayed stock, stock exhaust with Dinan Tuner, Sport Cat Downpipe, and the Sport Cat Downpipe with the Dinan Tuner. The Dinan Tuner made some nice torque improvements, but would be begin to break up over 6k after a few pulls, deeming it unreliable in our opinion. The Dinan tuner was taken back off and he left with our Sport Cat Downpipe happy as can be. In the client's words below...

"We did about a thousand dyno runs today at Fabspeed. Here are the results: (GRAPHS TO FOLLOW)

stock: 325/366 (a low reading but their M4 put down 410whp which is 10-20 lower than others on that forum board)
with Sport tuner: 333/396
sport cat DP only: 339/388
sport cat DP and tuner: 338/426

The DP is awesome! It creates amazing low/midrange punch. In addition, my entire exhaust setup is louder throughout the RPM range. I recommend it to anyone. I'm looking forward to a proper DINANtronics piggyback to raise the boost and other parameters."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrematureApex View Post
I mean, that's showing that the sport tuner (and other piggies generally), are just fine at boost power in the midrange (hence the mid range torque increases). They don't gain much up top, where perhaps the factory timing parameters need to be better optimized to make the most from the limited turbo headroom.

So while the sport tuner may not be gaining you peak power, you're clearly still gaining power in the mid range...
That was me...problem was I disconnected the tuner, did a stock dyno run....reconnected it without driving any miles for the ECU to adapt and right back onto the dyno...it fizzled out at around 6k. I'm quite certain the sport cat DP and Dinan tuner combo would be really strong.
You can install IC and stage 4 box and set it to stage one via APP when waiting for bigger turbo.

That's what Dinan suggested me to do a few weeks back.