04-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #78
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
If 20 percent of M2 owners want an M2.

Then let the 20 percent of M2 GTS or CS buyers do the same. It's not like they are going to develop a whole new gearbox. It's going to be the same one as the lower models and the only thing that makes the difference is if you are trying to make more profit by adding in the DCT or for lap times.

However ... If BMW AG chooses to keep the M4 GTS as it's hottest car (ever ) then the M2 GTS should actually be sold in manual only ...

You see how I use the Jedi mind trick...
Ah ha.

Had to read it a few times but makes sense. I sincerely hope BMW AG does want to keep the M4 GTS as the hottest car and is looking at this post right now.

They'd be nodding their heads like I am.

Edit: When it comes to a car like the M2 GTS/CSL, I would like to think that a higher percentage of the buyers would want a manual than the percentage that went with the manual in the M2 because I think and hope that it'd be people who really like driving (and rowing their own gears) who'd be buying these cars. It would also be an older age group which probably learnt to drive on manual transmission and would love to have a car like that with serious performance.

Last edited by Gatte; 04-10-2017 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 1